Friday, January 25, 2013

Home in a Frame

One of the things we knew we would have to do when we bought our house was to put a fence up. We felt the need to discourage the critters coming in and keeping our critters within, as well as the dog :)

We thought we would have to wait until Spring to do it. I actually got three quotes from local companies and they were each 1000 dollars apart for the same thing. The first guy was a nice guy but was the most expensive (2k more than the cheapest). He wanted 1/2 the money down and then he would wait till Spring when the ground softens up (ummm,no.)  The next guy was quiet and not much of a talker. Seemed like a nice enough guy and he gave us the lowest quote and said he could do it in a week or two, the ground wasn't a problem. The last guy was super friendly and I liked him a lot. His quote was more though, and in the end, we chose the cheapest one because we want to build a garage in the future and they had an A rating through the BBB. Good enough for me.




The auger has arrived, had to take the boys over to see this :)




Look at all those beautiful post holes...too bad I had to make them move all of them to the other side of that little tree. That's me, making friends wherever I go. No, the owner was very cool about it and I felt very bad




OK, we are on the right side of the tree now




There's poles going in



It's taking shape




I see rails




This side is already done




It looks so pretty, like a picture frame for our house.  I took this later that same afternoon from up next to the house we are renting, yes we live that close




Front







It's all done, at least the fence part





I feel like I should turn my horse out (if I had one)




It's a good day



They are supposed to come back next week and put up square wire on the inside and do the gates. They still haven't asked me for any money. Some faith has been restored in community businesses.



2 comments: