Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Black!

So, I mentioned before that we had decided to stain the cabinets a darker color and get rid of the honey oak that was there. It was between that and painting them white, but in the end we all agreed upon the dark stain.

So, we were a little surprised when we came over and found this:


That's primer. Last time I checked, you didn't put primer on cabinets to be stained. We called a meeting with our contractor and he said, no worries, it's all part of the process. We were skeptical but decided to wait and see.




So it was even more a surprise when I came in a couple days later to find this:






That's paint, Black paint. Not even a particular color, just Black...Can you see Finn in that darkness?





Another look at Before:

Such a pretty kitchen :)



Cabinet Detail




Another view 





It's now Black, very black. We toyed with the idea of distressing it:

and it looked pretty good but, in the end, we decided to keep them black to avoid any more issues and hits on our budget



It's starting to look better




Or maybe I am just getting accustomed to it




I think it will look better without all the plastic on the flooring and windows and walls that are painted black too. I keep telling myself this. Still haven't found a finish that we like though :(






2 comments:

  1. Eek! It's so hard when it isn't what you had envisioned, but I actually think the black looks good- very classy. I bet it will all come together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they did! AND wouldn't fix it. :-(

    ReplyDelete